Moving from Norfolk to Cornwall within the last few years, Shelley Hudson has not only taken her family on a voyage, her business, Blu Avery Designs, has also been on a journey over the past few years since its creation. Whilst keeping a close an eye on styles that are in vogue within the professional upcycling world but also setting her own design agenda, Shelley's furniture collections have evolved from the colourfully painted and floral decoupage of the mid 2010s, to a style that echoes sophistication and a sense of luxury, often including exciting surface designs in tune with fashions for a new decade - her upcycled furniture truly has the description 'statement piece' high on its agenda for 2020.
Shelley works in a range of colour pallets from dark and dramatic to bold and contemporary, often involving geometric and Art Deco inspired patterns. However this artisan is able to turn her hand to many different styles to suit a client's preference and show her versatility. She recently added a stunning blue and white surface design to her portfolio which gives more than nod to the delicate patterns associated with Delft and Spode. Shelley has a small collection of ready-to-buy furniture and is also pleased to accept commissions, working with clients own furniture or sourcing a vintage piece on their behalf according to their brief.
Location: Gunnislake Cornwall
Member since 2017
- Upcycled Art Deco Style Cocktail Cabinet
- Refurbished Sideboard with Faux Marble Surface Pattern
- Refinished Art Deco Style Sideboard with Geometric Surface Pattern
- Upcycled Sideboard with Gold Feature Double Colour Finish
- Upcycled Vintage Cabinet Refinsihed with Delft/Willow Inspired Design
- Refinished Drinks Cabinet with Decoupaged Surface Feature