Kate Holt began painting and upholstering furniture over twenty years ago when she couldn't source the items she was looking for. Having studied Interior Design & Architecture to degree level followed by twenty-five years of running a flooring business together with husband Tony, interiors has been Kate's focus for many decades. The family business has now moved away from flooring to concentrate on creating collections of beautifully upcycled vintage furniture, including reinventing mid-century brands such as GPlan and Ercol. Kate also offers a specialist paint technique and bespoke upholstery service as well as her highly popular upcycling and upholstery classes.
Kate was commissioned to create a bespoke footstool/coffee table for the interior and surface designer KIrath Ghundhoo for her stand at Decorex in October 2019 as well as providing furniture for the House of Upcycling stands at The House & Garden Festival in June 2019 and Grand Designs Live NEC in October of the same year. Kate & Tony also offer a professional kitchen unit painting service and whether for your own home or your client's, this is a great way to upstyle an existing kitchen at less cost, with less inconvenience and in a far more eco chic way than buying new. Tony and Kate are always pleased to welcome visitors to their workshop and showroom during office hours, Tuesday to Saturday inclusive.
Location: Hoddesdon Hertfordshire
Member of the House of Upcycling since 2017.
- Upcycled Vintage Glass Front Cabinet Painted Burgundy Embellished with Gold Legs Upcycled
- Vintage Ercol Windsor Sofa and Chairs displayed at Grand Designs Live NEC 2019
- Upcycled Vintage Sideboard with Faux Animal Skin Effect Panel
- Upcycled Vintage Ercol Windsor Quaker Dining Chairs in Black with Natural Wood Seats
- Upcycled Footstool with Red, Brown & Black Upholstery plus Painted Surface Accents
- Upcycled Vintage Joynson Holland & Co Armchairs