Done up North specialises in creating modern high-end, distinctive furniture from characterful but old and tired vintage pieces. Although producing upcycled furniture in a variety of styles, artisan Nicky Cash specialises in designing unique geometric surface patterns often Art Deco inspired, which result in luxurious upcycling the likes of which have never been seen before. Working as a full-time professional furniture designer-remaker, producing statement pieces for sale and from commissions for clients UK-wide, Nicky often collaborates with interior designers and in 2019, created a bespoke pink and black upcycled sideboard for interior and surface designer Kirath Ghundoo, for her stand at Decorex.
Nicky has been buying, selling and renovating vintage furniture for over 20 years so with her vast backlog of knowledge about all things vintage and upcycled, she launched her full-time creative business on the world in 2017. Since then, she has taken part in a number of ventures including Grand Designs Live London and Birmingham and whilst refurbishing and refinishing furniture takes-up most of her time, she also teaches upcycling and furniture refinishing classes when she can, inspiring others to learn more about creative reuse. More recently, Nicky has ventured into the field of interior decoration, using her statement stripes to great effect within a domestic interiors setting.
Location: Leeds West Yorkshire
Member since 2018
- Upcycled Vintage Sideboard Painted Black with Gold Geometric Surface Design
- Mid Century Cabinet Repainted and Refinished with Hexagon Pattern Decoupage
- Upcycled Vintage Sideboard with Pink & Black Geometric Surface Design
- Refurbished Vintage Sideboard Decorated in Pink with Gold Geometric Pattern
- Upcycled Vintage Sideboard Painted in Racing Green with Copper Geometric Surface Design
- Vintage Drinks Cabinet Refinished and Decorated in Black with Gold Geometric Surface Design