image credit: © National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London
BIID members plus a guest are invited on a private tour of The Queens House Greenwich to discover the art, architecture and royal history that make it an unmissable royal attraction, led by an expert guide.
After the tour, we will enjoy a sumptuous Royal Afternoon Tea at the National Maritime Museum, overlooking Greenwich Park.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Queens House is sited as the first building in Britain to be built in the neo-classical Palladian style by architect Inigo Jones. It was commissioned for Anne of Denmark in 1616, the wife of King James I. As well as being architecturally important, it is also famous for its former occupants and its art collection including works by Great Masters such as Gainsborough, Reynolds, Turner and Hogarth. The Queen’s House was completed around 1636 and is considered remarkable for its break with the traditional, red-brick Tudor style of building, and for its elegant proportions and the high quality of its interiors.
Guests are then invited to complete our Royal day out in Greenwich with a traditional afternoon tea of sweet and savoury treats and unlimited tea.
- Unlimited freshly brewed filter coffee or English Breakfast tea
- A selection of finger sandwiches
- Grilled asparagus and goat’s cheese mini tartlet
- Mini scones
- Mini Victoria sponge cake
- British strawberry and cream tartlet
- Lemon, ginger and poppy seed cake
- Iced clementine and almond cake
14.00 – 14.15 - Meet at the entrance to the Queens House for registration with a BIID staff member
13.15 to 14.15 - Private tour with expert guide
14.30 to 15.30 – Royal Afternoon Tea at The National Maritime Museum (next door to the Queens House)
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
Designers will be given an insight into one of the UKs most architecturally important buildings and the lives, loves and collections of the famed residents. The afternoon tea will be a great chance to chat with fellow interior designers over delicious cakes and sandwiches.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
BIID Members plus a guest. Should you be registering a guest to the afternoon please book 2 tickets.
About the venue
The Queen’s House is located right next door to the National Maritime Museum, less than 100m way.
Bus: the nearest bus stop is on Romney Road (Stop F: National Maritime Museum)
DLR: The nearest station is Cutty Sark for Maritime Greenwich
Rail: Maze Hill and Greenwich Station
Prices are not inclusive of VAT.
If you have any queries please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7628 0255.
All BIID events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full below:
Terms and Conditions:
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a paid event, please send a refund request via Eventbrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received 10 working days prior to the day of the event.
- The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking.
- A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted, but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a free event please do so via Eventbrite as soon as possible so that your ticket can be reallocated.
- The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
- The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
- This event will be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information on this form will be kept on a database.
- Your name may be shared with the venue.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.