Inside Stories: Designer Case Studies 11th December 2018
The British Institute of Interior Design introduces an exciting new workshop for 2019 - Build your website in a day! Hosted by Squarespace Circle Member and Authorized Trainer, Miko Coffey from Using My Head Ltd.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This workshop will cater to interior designers with little time or interest in learning anything too technical; we understand that designers are busy people who need to focus their time on running their small business, not dealing with complicated technical tools. As such, the Squarespace platform provides the perfect blend of being able to create visually stunning websites, even for the non-technical layperson.
The workshop will cover all the essentials needed to create a fully functional website, ready to launch. Attendees will be guided on how to prepare and what to bring to the workshop, and will leave with a website that's ready to go live (with some optional tweaking afterwards).
More than just learning how to build a website, the
workshop will also include valuable insights into critical areas such as SEO,
social media and link building, offering real value to attendees.
The workshop will run from 9am to 5pm, the programme a mixture of guided learning and demonstration sessions, where the attendees watch, listen and follow along, free sessions that allow attendees peace & quiet to focus on working on their websites, with Miko circulating the room to be available for questions. Short comfort breaks to allow everyone to stretch their legs, rest their minds and recharge. A light sandwich lunch will be provided.
WHAT TO BRING
Laptop and power cable
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Professional Interior designers that have a completed project (any scale) with images.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
As one of the most experienced Squarespace professionals on the market, Miko Coffey absolutely loves what she does. Miko has over 10 years’ experience working with clients from a wide range of sectors and audience types. Miko has also authored a definitive guide entitled ‘Building Business Websites with Squarespace 7’. To find out more about Miko please visit her website https://www.usingmyhead.com/about/
Prices are not inclusive of VAT.
Tickets for BIID events are allocated at a BIID member rate and a non-member rate. If the ticket type for your status has sold out, please contact the BIID office on 0207 628 0255, as we may be able to reallocate a ticket for you from the remaining selection.
*BIID member traveller rate:
To make our workshops more accessible to those based outside London, we are offer a discount to individuals whose offices are located more than 60 miles from the venue (EC3N 4DJ). If this includes you, please book using the BIID Travelling Member rate. We will then contact you to verify your postcode. To see if your office is located more than 60 miles away please click here.
When booking please provide the name of the person(s) who will be attending the event - we will use this for their delegate badge and materials.
About the venue
The BIID office is conveniently located equal distance from Old Street Station (Northern Line, National Rail), Moorgate Station (Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan Lines, National Rail) and Liverpool Street Station (Circle, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan and Central Lines, National Rail).
If you have any queries please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7628 0255.
All BIID events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full below:
Terms and Conditions:
1. If you wish to cancel your booking to a paid event, please send a refund request via Eventbrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received 10 working days prior to the day of the event.
2. The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking.
3. A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted, but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
4. If you wish to cancel your booking to a free event please do so via Eventbrite as soon as possible so that your ticket can be reallocated.
5. The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
6. The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
7. This event will be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
8. In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information on this form will be kept on a database.
9. Your name may be shared with the venue.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.