Learn how to finesse your beautiful interiors with a stylist’s eye in this 90-minute online workshop with interiors expert Judith Wilson.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Judith will walk you through a magazine stylist’s guide to creating editor approved interiors for photoshoots.
The CPD will cover
- The importance of ambience and adding lifestyle elements to enhance each shot
- The key props/flowers stylists use to create a personal, vibrant interior for every room
- How (and why) styling can be tailored according to different styles of interiors
- How to plan and execute styling for whole-room shots as well as crucial detail shots
- Activity: we’ll look together at a series of images to dissect the styling – what works, what doesn’t?
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
- A newly developed ‘stylist’s eye’; the ability to assess how key elements, from prop placement to playing with scale, all fuse together to create one perfect image
- A practical understanding of the key "Do’s and Don’ts" in styling
- The confidence to create essential ambience in each shot – insider tips and tricks
- What to edit out of an interior, and what to bring in
- A fresh, creative way of sourcing and using props and flowers to create magazine-quality styling and beautiful, relaxed rooms
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop is open to BIID Registered Interior Designers, BIID Associate and Provisional members and Employees of BIID Registered Design Practices. Spaces are limited. To avoid disappointment, please do not book this event if you are not one of these member types
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Judith Wilson is a London-based interiors journalist, author, and lecturer. Her work has appeared in numerous national magazines including House & Garden, Homes & Gardens, The English Home, Living etc and Country Homes & Interiors. She is the author of 14 books on interior design: her latest is Think Home (Ryland Peters & Small). Her books have been published widely in the Europe and the US.
Once you have registered for this event and your membership status has been verified, you will be emailed the Zoom Meeting link. If this event is fully booked, please join the waiting list. If you are no longer able to attend, please inform the office so that we can give your spot to someone else.
Prices are not inclusive of VAT
If you have any queries, please email the office at email@example.com or call 020 7628 0255.
All BIID events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full below:
Terms and Conditions:
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a paid event, please send a refund request via Eventbrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received 10 working days prior to the day of the event.
- The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking.
- A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a free event, please do so via Eventbrite as soon as possible so that your ticket can be reallocated.
- The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
- The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
- This event will be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information on this form will be kept on a database.
- Your name may be shared with the venue.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Returning for its 33rd edition, the Fair will present 63 leading modern and contemporary galleries in an alternative online format, with a...
This CPD is an introduction to composite quartz and will inform interior designers on: applications of use; design process and...
Learn how to structure a dynamic message using simple building blocks to achieve a confident and concise verbal presentation. BIID...
This RIBA & BIID-approved CPD webinar will inform and inspire about the safety, function and creative possibilities of entrance matting...
Designers are invited to join this virtual BIID accredited CPD aimed at introducing the concept of ‘redesigning surfaces using film’....
Interior design is a competitive industry where you need to stand out to get ahead. Content marketing attracts new business by engaging...