Mid Weight Interior Designer
SHH Architecture & Interior Design
Mid Weight Interior Designer
SHH are looking for a Mid Weight
Interior Designer to join our Residential Interiors Team.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in
running small to medium scale projects from inception through to completion.
- Organised and enthusiastic, the interior designer
would work in a small team in the residential interior design department
- They would be expected to drive conceptual side of
the design with an extensive source of inspirational ideas and images to
enhance the proposed scheme and finalised proposals.
- The interior designer would also be responsible for
compiling the full FF&E cost estimate, writing finishes schedules, fixtures
and fittings schedules and presenting to clients with a lead designer.
- Responsibilities will include liaising directly
with suppliers, contractors and consultants to deliver a fully detailed
- Expectations will include the smooth running of
projects providing timely and efficient support to the lead designers. There
should be a high proficiency in producing hand sketches; refined use of
Word/Excel based administration and a broad understanding and skills base in a
CAD based software package.
Administration and Communication
- Good verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to take control of FF&E cost estimates
and ensure pricing and relevant data are up to date.
- A good understanding of FF&E specification and
- The role will involve large amounts of
administration but is varied and will involve raising purchase orders,
monitoring production schedules, liaising with suppliers, managing budgets and
- Ensuring a clear, concise and accurate
- Liaise with Suppliers Accounts departments to
ensure all orders are processed and invoices to clients are issued in a timely
- To be aware of hours spent versus fees allocated
for the project.
Project Management Skills
- Must have the ability to take responsibility for
and competently run small to medium sized interior design projects.
- Ensure that relevant documentation is written and
issued in a timely manner to prevent any programme delays to the project.
- Attend all client and site meetings, taking minutes
from these meetings and ensuring the minutes are issued and approved.
- To attend and take minutes to relevant contractor
and consultant meetings – i.e. builders, joiners, lighting designers, AV
companies, suppliers and furniture makers. From time to time to confidently
attend these meetings in your lead designer’s absence.
- Assisting in maintaining a tidy and presentable
work environment and keeping internal resource libraries (i.e. samples,
brochures, completed project portfolios, etc) up-to-date, complete and well
- Outlining the installation schedule and
coordinating deliveries in accordance with that schedule.
- Must have a problem-solving attitude and be
solution driven; 1 problem = 3 solutions to give to your lead designer
- In Design
- AutoCAD, Revit or ArchiCAD
How to apply:
Please Email Your Cover Letter and CV to Careers@shh.co.uk
Closing date for applications:
Friday 31st March 0019
Back to all job notices