Soft Furnishings Manager

Company Name: Violet & George
Job Title: Soft Furnishings Manager
Salary: TBC on experience
Job Location: North Kensington, London W10

Job description:

·        Overseeing the soft furnishings and upholstery section of the company

·        Main point of contact for the Soft Furnishings department. All new enquiries come to you and are then allocated to staff.

·        Oversee the info@ email account and the soft furnishings email account.

·        Main point of contact for the Workshop. Manages the relationship with the workshop.

·        New Business: create mail chimp emails to send to new customers/follow up weekly

·        Contact List: compile lists of prospective trade and retail customers to add to the email list/ new business list

·        Sales meetings: generate new trade leads and follow up with a meeting to present the company and its services

·        Web Presence: create a database of where V&G are listed and the associated prices. Ensure V&G is listed with all the relevant website and online directories. Research new online platforms.

·        Newsletter: create and send out monthly newsletter to prospective clients

·        Image Library: ensure the soft furnishings image library is up to date.

·        Pinterest: add a new Soft furnishings section and keep the images up to date and relevant.

·        Preparing quotations for new job enquiries

·        Arrange meetings on site to meet the client and discuss requirements and

      fabric selection

·        Managing/revising quotations, liaising with the client to invoice stage

·        Placing all orders and project managing to completion

·        Managing the workshop and weekly workshop schedule in accordance with the guidelines

·        Meeting suppliers on site/overseeing deliveries on site

·        Assist Accounts Department:

·        Managing the debtors list for the entire team ensuring all clients have paid

      a 75% deposit/paid remaining 25% before final installation/delivery

·        Chase payments/ let team know of outstanding payments

·        Paying suppliers, making sure invoices are paid within the payment terms.

·        Checking the bank for incoming payments from clients and update

      spreadsheets accordingly.

·        Request invoice copies from suppliers for accounts department 

·        Mentor junior if required, a design assistant will be on hand to assist






·       Calm under pressure

·       Able to run soft furnishing projects single handedly

·       Confident and approachable

·       Process driven: organised and efficient

·       Pragmatic, flexible and able to work closely with others in a team

·       Discrete and professional

·       Have a keen eye for detail and quality control at all times

·       Creativity and flair with a natural creative eye



·       Good knowledge of soft furnishings and upholstery

·       Design trends within the industry and other current trends

·       Knowledge of fabrics and FF&E suppliers



·       Communication and management of expectations

·       Time management

·       Logistics

·       Working to a brief: visualisation of other people's ideas

·       Budgeting and quoting



·       Minimum of 3 years of working in interior design, preferably on soft furnishings projects



·       Degree or equivalent in interior design or 3 years in-house experience


Essential Software

·       Word

·       Excel

·       Photoshop

·       Illustrator

How to apply:

Please email CVs to

Closing date for applications: Wednesday 14th March 2018

Back to all job notices

Post a Job Vacancy