We are seeking to appoint a designer to develop and head the new degree programme of Spatial & Interior Design as Lecturer/Programme Director. This will be a Lecturer appointment, on an Education and Research contract, although we also welcome applications from designers without an already established research path, in which case the appointment would be to an Education, Scholarship and Professional Practice contract.
We seek a dynamic and engaged designer/academic to launch and develop the new subject area of spatial & interior design in our well-established School, working alongside cognate areas of architecture, graphic design, and planning.
The Programme Director provides academic and operational leadership across all areas of activity within the subject area. This includes responsibility for the development, delivery and management of the BA Spatial & Interior Design and ensuring that School, Division and University policies and procedures are implemented in their areas of responsibility. The Programme Director is also responsible for embedding in their programme of study key initiatives such as the National Student Survey and enhancing the student experience.
As Lecturer/Programme Director, you will:
- Lead the development of the curriculum in the area of spatial & interior design and visual communication, and convene and teach appropriate modules
- Manage own teaching, scholarly, research and administrative activities
- Ensure that student progress and achievement is monitored
- Act as a mentor for students in capacity of academic advisor
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A PhD or Masters in Design (or a closely associated field) or equivalent professional/creative experience
- Experience of teaching undergraduate modules in higher education
- Drawing, graphic design and presentation skills and knowledge of current and emerging software relevant to graphic design and visual communication
- The ability to organise and enthuse a design and technology studio
Kent School of Architecture and Planning is in a buoyant mood, with steady student numbers in its long-established BA and MArch programmes (RIBA Parts 1 and 2), and a developing portfolio of specialist Masters programmes. It is developing its own design Foundation programme, as well as Higher Degree Apprenticeships in architecture and planning. We are very active in the region, the University having just established the Institute of Creative and Cultural Industries, and we are fully engaged in the Creative Estuary project, working with Essex and Kent County Councils.
Please see the links below to view the full job description and to apply for this post. For further information regarding the application process, please contact the Resourcing Team at email@example.com quoting ref number: AHUM-033-21-R
How to apply
Click to apply: https://jobs.kent.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=AHUM-033-21-R