Purpose of Post
Plan, design and furnish interiors of residential and commercial buildings. Formulate design, which is practical, aesthetic, and conducive to providing an inspirational lifestyle environment.
This is a full-time position, five days per week Mon-Thurs 8.30am until 6.00pm & Friday 8.30-5.00pm
Key working relationships
Internal: Interior Designers, Interior Stylists, Management Team: External: Clients, External Professionals, Suppliers, Retailers
Key Tasks/Scope of Job
- To fully understand the design process and deliver each project as required.
- To communicate to the rest of the team a clear brief for each project and assist in the assignment of responsibility.
- To take responsibly for the development for the design and the project with input from the external advisors in charge for key project stages
- Liaise with client and design team to determine desired end result; market, lifestyle, budget and architectural constraints
- Provide space planning and furniture layouts; review and detail drawings and construction plans
- Prepare presentation boards and flat lays to illustrate concept to client
- Use CAD/vectorworks and related software to produce technical drawings.
- Use Sketch up, Photoshop and/or other design programmes.
- Co-ordinate with external professionals, including suppliers, architects, project managers etc.
- Estimate product and content requirements and costs, and detail to client using in house system Estimac
- Design select and purchase furnishings and accessories.
- Maintain Estimac budget sheet for all projects and add detail as agreed
- Appoint sub-contractors to provide fabrication and installation of interior elements (e.g. soft furnishings, decoration etc.)
- Maintain constant contact with client to advise progress and developments as they occur
- Attend site and oversee installation of all furnishings and accessories.
- Capability to troubleshoot problems on site and make quality recommendations to correct and move project forward without compromising design intent. Ability to hand sketch solutions on site that take into consideration all the areas that will be impacted by changes applying sound critical-thinking skills.
- Follows processes and procedures for tracking changes during construction Is experienced in both renovation and new construction and is comfortable and confident in the role as “lead of the project” in outside team meetings with Clients, Client’s Management Team, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Purchasing Agents, Signage Contractors. Participates in group conversations as a valuable member, lending feedback, troubleshooting, brainstorming, offering technical information that is well founded utilising knowledge of Design Industry trends and approaches.
- Makes sure all meetings are documented with meeting minutes and copied to all members involved in process.
- Holds suppliers accountable to deliver quality work performed in a way that is consistent, by following through on all potential problems, quality issues, fabrication problems until they are resolved
- Advanced skill in Vectorworks/CAD and– includes: layering, coordination, Rendering and 3-D Applications. Demonstrates a expert level of skill, works quickly and efficiently with high degree of accuracy.
- Attend trade shows and events to research trends and keep informed of new products within the market.
Personal Development and the development of others
- Attend all mandatory training courses when arranged
- Work closely with interior design team to share knowledge and support junior members.
- Has demonstrated a high level of professional integrity by taking pride, ownership and responsibility for own work as well as team member’s work. Has set high expectations, for self and team and pushes to achieve them.
- Proven track record of achieving goals in a deadline-based industry demonstrated by a track record of taking charge and pushing forward to get the job done under intense pressure and often challenging situations. Regularly shows the ability to seek out and finds solutions to problems as they come up while maintaining overall control under fire.
- Values training, new challenges and opportunities to develop own self and advance own skill set while continually raising the bar to a higher level of performance demonstrated by making a concentrated effort to absorb lessons learned and then applying this new knowledge to own work moving forward.
- Projects self-confidence to others and is comfortable speaking and presenting in a group setting in a convincing, articulate and polished manner that reflects expertise and industry knowledge.
- Willing shares knowledge and ideas with others; helping others to improve their own skills and expertise.
- Maintains a positive, open ‘can do attitude’ to staff, team and Client, acting in a friendly and helpful manner while utilizing “great customer service skills”
- Can be depended on to deliver a quality product.
- Understands the business side of design from both a Honky perspective and the client perspective and delivers accordingly.
- Shares our ideals for growth and excellence
- Dresses in a professional manner and behaves in a way that reflects firm and clients expectations of ‘professionalism
How to apply
Please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org