After studying Design & Illustration at the Euclid College of Art & Design in Wiltshire, Justine Blythe entered a 25-year career in banking. Never losing her passion for creating beautiful things, once she retired from the corporate world, Justine opened Siren Designs in 2011. Her first upcycling commission was to revitalise furniture belonging to a beautiful Georgian seaside hotel in Weymouth; many of the rooms in the hotel still boasting bespoke Siren Designs to this day. Her business soon gained traction both locally and nationally and her unique, luxurious and beautifully colourful upcycles began to receive attention from many quarters including Liberty of London who purchased a Siren Design chinoiserie-style cabinet for their Christmas window display.
Justine consistently works to an exemplary standard, whether creating furniture for her own collections or for her clients and welcomes commissions for a one-off creation or larger quantities of furniture, both for residential and commercial premises. Her collections include visuals of iconic personalities and works of art including artist Frida Kahlo, Tamara de Lempicka and VladimirTretchikoff. The name of Justine's company reflects the seaside location of the business and as Sirens were mythical mermaids representing beauty and temptation, Justine felt that the name 'Siren Designs' perfectly reflected the lure of the irresistible premium upcycled furniture she creates.
Location: Weymouth Dorset
Member since 2017
- Upcycled Chest of Drawers with Cockatoo Decoupage
- Upcycled Cabinet with Tamara de Lempicka 'Girl with Gloves' Decoupage
- Refurbished and Decouapged Cocktail Cabinet with Bold Geometric Surface Design
- Refinished Gold and Green Tretchikoff Design Decoupaged Vintage Sideboard
- Restored Vintage Sideboard with Frida Kahlo Surface Design
- Vintage Lady's Bureau Refinished and Decoupaged with Elephant Design