Learn how the principles of Passivhaus design can improve a buildings performance and how to implement them in your design process.
What is Passivhaus?
The Oxford English Dictionary defines Passivhaus as “An eco-friendly building standard (voluntarily adopted), designed to bring about energy efficiency, typically by making use of natural energy sources and by being airtight with an internal circulatory air system; usually attributive”.
In this webinar, Gail Kenton of Adam Architecture, will introduce the principles of Passivhaus design, and how these are implemented in buildings. The seminar will include an overview of Passivhaus comfort and energy targets, and how these are achieved through building envelope & services design and energy modelling.
Passivhaus building performance will also be placed in context of low energy buildings and net-zero and Gail will open up the conversation at the end to answer your questions on how interior designers can be involved in the stages of constructing a Passivhaus building.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Overview of Passivhaus targets
- Understanding of the principles of construction & services for Passivhaus
- Overview of the Passivhaus design process
- Understanding how the performance of Passivhaus compares to ‘low-energy’ buildings
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
A further understanding of the principles and targets of Passivhaus design.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This event is for interior designers at all stages of their careers that would like to gain a deeper understanding of the principles of Passivhaus architecture and how to implement it into their projects and practices. All other interested parties are also welcomed to attend with an interest in learning more about this fascinating subject.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Gail Kenton is a chartered architect with a PhD from the University of Cambridge in environmental design, and has published, consulted and lectured on sustainability. She is experienced at running projects from inception to completion all over the U.K. and is the sustainability lead for ADAM Architecture. Gail joined ADAM in 2017 as a Senior Associate, after running the London Office for Craig Hamilton Architects for many years. Gail trained at the Mackintosh School of Architecture and Canterbury School of Art and Design and qualified in 1998.
Once you have registered for this event and your purchase has been verified, you will be emailed the Zoom meeting link the day before the session. If this event is fully booked, please join the waiting list. If you are no longer able to attend, please inform the office so that we can give your spot to someone else.
The advertised price does not include VAT.
If you have any queries, please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7628 0255.
Terms and Conditions:
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a paid event, please send a refund request via Eventbrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received 10 working days prior to the day of the event.
- The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking.
- A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a free event, please do so via Eventbrite as soon as possible so that your ticket can be reallocated.
- The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
- The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
- This event will be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information on this form will be kept on a database.
- Your name may be shared with the venue.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
In this RIBA and BIID certified webinar, learn how to guarantee a crack-free finish for tile and stone. With particular focus on why...
In this RIBA and BIID certified webinar, explore wet room installations at the design and specification stage, including waterproofing,...
Strata Tiles invites interior designers to a free one-hour online presentation of their BIID accredited CPD 'Terrazzo Tiles' ...
In this RIBA and BIID certified webinar, enhance your understanding of how to protect bonded installations of tile and stone installed on...
Learn about the Cradle to Cradle® Design Framework and how implementing its principles will take your practice beyond sustainable interior...
This new and free two-day ‘OPEN’ showroom trail event is to celebrate the reopening of the Clerkenwell Furniture and Design showrooms. The...