BIID Evening Tour of Southside House 30th April 2019
L&M Session 1: Thursday 9th May 2019
L&M Session 2: Thursday 23rd May 2019
L&M Session 3: Thursday 13th June 2019
L&M Surgery Sessions: booked by the individual
L&M 1, 2 and 3: 10am to 5pm - Venue: BIID, 9 Bonhill Street, London EC2A 4PE
L&M Surgery Sessions: 1.5 hour 1:1 follow up sessions to be booked with Dr Smart individually after L&M Session 3 - Venue: Dr Rachel Smarts Office
BIID Registered Interior Designers are invited to attend the ‘BIID Leadership & Management Masterclasses’ designed to help established practices renew, refresh and develop their practice for the future.
These sessions have been developed to meet the needs of more established practices that struggle to find appropriate guidance beyond start-up phase and who find it hard to develop systems to cope with success when it comes.
Over 3 sessions, Dr Smart will take a small group of 6 practices (1 representative per practice) through a guided development based on management theory, practical advice and experience of successful commission-based design and architecture businesses. Preparation material will be sent by the delegates to Dr Smart before each session so that delivery can be guided to each practice attending and constructive feedback allows busy professionals to develop their company systems over the course.
A month after the completion of the sessions a 1:1 surgery session will take place to review progress and set further objectives.
These three sessions are:
1: Setting a professional strategy and marketing to win targeted clients
2: Successful client, practice and financial management of projects
3: Human resource management (employed or contracted staff)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Session 1: Thursday
9th May 2019
Setting a professional strategy and marketing to win targeted clients
This session will focus on adjusting your practice statement and description of how you operate to speak more specifically to your identified target market.
Session 2: Thursday
23rd May 2019
Successful client, practice and financial management of projects
This session will focus on an analysis of your agreements with clients, fees set and how you forecast money within the practice.
Session 3: Thursday
13th June 2019
Human resource management (employed or contracted staff)
This session will focus on understanding which resources (internal, external, employed or subcontracted) are necessary for your success – and how to find, recruit and retain your team.
WHAT TO BRING
Preparation materials will be required of participants before the sessions for Dr Smart to review, this will inform and direct the groups discussion for the sessions. Requirements will be communicated exactly to delegates prior to the date with a more in-depth guide to the course.
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
Designers will be able to take time out of their practice to assess areas of current practice management and then to take steps to practically adapt and develop themselves and their team for the future.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Masterclass is aimed at experienced BIID Registered Interior Designers that have been in business for at least 7 years whether they are sole practitioners or employing staff. The Masterclass is to be taken as a complete course and we ask delegates to commit to the 3-day curriculum.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Rachel Smart provides a unique combination of services for architects and designers including management consultancy and professional practice seminars. Her knowledge is informed by:
working with BIID since 2003 to develop professional practice for interior designers
Rachel offers a range of services to start-up, run and grow small design and architectural businesses for more profit and less stress. “Creative people want to get on with the job and not worry about management and paperwork. My intention is to help designers enjoy their businesses more and optimise their financial success.” Rachel Smart
This event is sold out, please email Hayley McLennan to be added to the waiting list
Prices are not inclusive of VAT.
A light lunch will be provided.
About the venue
The BIID is located at 9 Bonhill Street in London. The office is easily located from Liverpool Street Underground Station, Liverpool Street Overground Station, Moorgate Underground Station, Moorgate Overground Station, Old Street Underground Station and Old Street Overground Station
There is no parking on Bonhill Street.
If you have any queries, please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7628 0255.
All BIID events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full below:
Terms and Conditions:
1. If you wish to cancel your booking to a paid event, please send a refund request via Eventbrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received 10 working days prior to the day of the event.
2. The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking.
3. A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
4. If you wish to cancel your booking to a free event, please do so via Eventbrite as soon as possible so that your ticket can be reallocated.
5. The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
6. The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
7. This event will be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
8. In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information on this form will be kept on a database.
9. Your name may be shared with the venue.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.