The impact of smartphone technology has changed the world over the last decade, with how we communicate, interact and react to the environments surrounding ourselves.
One of the biggest leaps in this technology is the rise of smartphone photography. No longer the realm of the professional or dedicated tourist, everyone now has access to powerful megapixel equipment in the palm of their hand.
The lens may be ready, but are you? The BIID invites interior designers to explore the possibilities of smartphone photography in this interactive workshop with professional photographer Jenny Kaye. Jenny will be discussing how to harness basic photography theory and couple it with in camera techniques to ‘pimp your Instagram’ and create beautiful snaps that are worth getting social over.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Over the session, Jenny will discuss the following areas:
- DSLR cameras v smartphone cameras
Smartphone Camera tips
- Keeping Verticals vertical
- Focus and exposure
- Portrait mode
- Rules of composition
- Editing in camera
- Editing afterwards
Planning posts to Instagram
- Stories v posts
Incorporating professional photography
- Planning the grid
During a short break, attendees will have the opportunity to put into practice some of the new tips and to share the results afterwards.
WHAT TO BRING
Your smartphone plus another device. It is essential that you have two devices – your phone with which to explore the tips and techniques – and another device on which to listen/ participate via Zoom.
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
- Tips and techniques for smart phone photography
- Notes on composition and phone techniques
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Please note this workshop is open to BIID designer members only.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Jenny Kaye – Jenny is the owner of Jenny Kaye Photography, a family portrait studio in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire which was established 10 years ago. She has a degree in Photography and Digital Imaging and runs Beginners’ Digital Photography courses from her studio. Her areas of expertise include corporate headshots, web/product photography, family portraits an event photography.
Prices are not inclusive of VAT.
If you have any queries, please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7628 0255.
All BIID events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full below:
Terms and Conditions:
1. If you wish to cancel your booking to a paid event, please send a refund request via Eventbrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received 10 working days prior to the day of the event.
2. The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking.
3. A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted, but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
4. If you wish to cancel your booking to a free event please do so via Eventbrite as soon as possible so that your ticket can be reallocated.
5. The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
6. The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
7. This event will be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
8. In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information on this form will be kept on a database.
9. Your name may be shared with the venue.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Join Chris Emery from Schlüter-Systems for insight into the specification of underfloor heating systems. Learn how to successfully...
The BIID have partnered with The Edit by Decorex. A members-only platform offering inspiration, upskilling, networking and sourcing...
Join Schlüter-Systems to explore wet room installations at the design and specification stage, including waterproofing, design...
This RIBA & BIID-approved CPD webinar will inform and inspire about the safety, function and creative possibilities of entrance matting...
Strata Tiles invites interior designers to a free one-hour online presentation of their BIID accredited CPD 'Terrazzo Tiles' on Monday...
Learn how video and animation can enhance your marketing for your interior design business. Content has never been more important than...