Learn how to finesse your beautiful interiors with a stylist’s eye in this 90-minute online workshop with interiors expert, Judith Wilson.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Judith will walk you through a magazine stylist’s guide to creating editor-approved interiors for photoshoots.
The CPD will cover:
- The importance of ambience and adding lifestyle elements to enhance each shot
- The key props/flowers stylists use to create a personal, vibrant interior for every room
- How (and why) styling can be tailored according to different styles of interiors
- How to plan and execute styling for whole-room shots as well as crucial detail shots
- Activity: we’ll look together at a series of images to dissect the styling – what works, what doesn’t?
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
- A newly developed ‘stylist’s eye’; the ability to assess how key elements, from prop placement to playing with scale, all fuse together to create one perfect image
- A practical understanding of the key "Do’s and Don’ts" in styling
- The confidence to create essential ambience in each shot – insider tips and tricks
- What to edit out of an interior, and what to bring in
- A fresh, creative way of sourcing and using props and flowers to create magazine-quality styling and beautiful, relaxed rooms
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Interior designers at all stages of their careers looking to gain insight into what makes a good photo, what editors are after in a shot, and how to prepare for a day of styling and shooting.
Unable to make the session? Book on to our morning session on Thursday 7th December 2023 at 10:30am.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Judith Wilson is a London-based interiors journalist, author, and lecturer. Her work has appeared in numerous national magazines including House & Garden, Homes & Gardens, The English Home, Living etc and Country Homes & Interiors. She is the author of 14 books on interior design: her latest is Think Home (Ryland Peters & Small). Her books have been published widely in the Europe and the US.
Once you have registered for this event and your ticket purchase has been verified, you will be emailed the Zoom meeting link the day before the session. If this event is fully booked, please join the waiting list. If you are no longer able to attend, please inform the office so that we can give your spot to someone else.
The advertised price does not include VAT.
This workshop will not be recorded, please note this to avoid disappointment.
If you have any queries, please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7628 0255.
By purchasing a ticket to this event, you are agreeing to the BIID event terms and conditions
Providing valuable insight for designers, architects, and specifiers through a wide range of case studies, this CPD explores the...
Styling Interiors for Photoshoots: Morning Session
Learn how to finesse your beautiful interiors with a stylist’s eye in this 90-minute online workshop with interiors expert, Judith Wilson...
Learn how to set up and build an email list that converts subscribers into clients. WHAT TO EXPECT This webinar will cover: Why...
The Building Safety Act 2022 is the most significant piece of new law to impact the property and construction sector in a generation....
Start using LinkedIn strategically to grow your interior design business. WHAT TO EXPECT This webinar will cover: How to...
Pitching your Projects to the Press: Afternoon Session
Learn how to get your work noticed and published in the press in this practical and inspirational workshop If you’ve ever wondered the...