Learn how to establish and harness the power of your network to turn reliable relationships, into profitable ones.
Relationships are one of the most valuable currencies that designers have today. Your network or “powerbase” allows you to make things happen, learn about opportunities before others, and gain access to resources and information that others don’t have.
Some designers build their base of professional relationships proactively. Others do this intuitively without thinking about it, whilst others have a blind spot when it comes to nurturing and strengthening their professional relationships.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Executive coach Karen Fugle, will guide guests in assessing, improving, and strengthening ‘powerbases’ in this 2-hour online workshop.
The workshop will cover
- Acknowledging what it takes to build strong professional relationships proactively
- Looking at ways to improve your current Powerbase
- Understanding how to assess relationships and develop strategies to strengthen and improve them
- How to create your future Powerbase and what needs to shift in you to make this happen.
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
- Be more productive by improving the quantity and quality of relationships
- Develop relationships to attract clients and develop new business
- Leverage relationships for collaboration and advancement
- Have more opportunities coming your way
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop is for: Emerging designers, who haven’t thought about their network, or mid-senior designers who need to focus more on building strong relationships up, down and across the organisation and with wider stakeholders.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Karen Fugle, an Executive Coach and LEGO Serious Play facilitator, focuses on helping architects, designers, construction professionals and their organisations increase personal and business success. Through Executive Coaching and workshops, Karen cover areas such as: leadership skills, engaging employees, time/overwhelm management, communication flexibility and influence, strategic planning, behavioural change, outplacement, and career transition. Karen is also an active committee member of the Women in Architecture network.
More about Karen can be found here.
Once you have registered for this event, you will be emailed the Zoom meeting link. If this event is fully booked, please join the waiting list. If you are no longer able to attend, please inform the office so that we can give your spot to someone else.
The advertised price does not include VAT.
If you have any queries, please email the office at email@example.com or call 020 7628 0255.
Terms and Conditions:
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a paid event, please send a refund request via Eventbrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received 10 working days prior to the day of the event.
- The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking.
- A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a free event, please do so via Eventbrite as soon as possible so that your ticket can be reallocated.
- The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
- The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
- This event will be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information on this form will be kept on a database.
- Your name may be shared with the venue.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Join Chris Emery from Schlüter-Systems for insight into the specification of underfloor heating systems. Learn how to successfully...
The impact of smartphone technology has changed the world over the last decade, with how we communicate, interact and react to the...
The BIID have partnered with The Edit by Decorex. A members-only platform offering inspiration, upskilling, networking and sourcing...
Join Schlüter-Systems to explore wet room installations at the design and specification stage, including waterproofing, design...
This RIBA & BIID-approved CPD webinar will inform and inspire about the safety, function and creative possibilities of entrance matting...
Strata Tiles invites interior designers to a free one-hour online presentation of their BIID accredited CPD 'Terrazzo Tiles' on Monday...