Learn how to structure a dynamic message using simple building blocks to achieve a confident and concise verbal presentation.
BIID Student members are invited to attend this 90-minute interactive workshop with communications expert Claudette Williams which will provide participants with a useful model for organising their thoughts into a cohesive presentation. Participants will learn how to establish a clear objective and a concise memorable message to use when presenting their final projects to course leaders and peers, and when presenting themselves to potential employers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During the session, participants will contribute to building a group presentation on a design topic agreed upon by the group. Once we understand who the audience is it is much easier to determine what they expect or need to hear. This helps to focus the entire presentation. Using a useful tool called the Content Blueprint, participants will develop a practical skill which can be applied to any situation.
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
Once we have developed the notes presentation, the presenter will demonstrate how to use these notes in a disciplined way. A well-structured notes presentation will tell you what you are going to say and, more importantly, what you are not going to say. This technique will safeguard against needless rambling and the nightmare of “losing one’s place”.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This event is for BIID Student members. Spaces are limited to 14 guests.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Claudette has worked in the communications industry since 1979 particularly in broadcasting, video production and industrial theatre. Her expertise centres on writing, producing, and presenting.
Corporate video production, elaborate business launches and business presentations have allowed her to successfully blend formal arts training with business acumen. Claudette appreciates that no amount of special effects can compensate for a poorly focused message or an unnatural delivery style. The entire presentation process changes when you look at it from the audiences’ (the client's) perspective.
Once you have registered for this event, you will be emailed the Zoom meeting link. If this event is fully booked, please join the waiting list. If you are no longer able to attend, please inform the office so that we can give your spot to someone else.
The advertised price does not include VAT.
If you have any queries, please email the office at email@example.com or call 020 7628 0255.
Terms and Conditions:
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a paid event, please send a refund request via Eventbrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received 10 working days prior to the day of the event.
- The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking.
- A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a free event, please do so via Eventbrite as soon as possible so that your ticket can be reallocated.
- The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
- The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
- This event will be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information on this form will be kept on a database.
- Your name may be shared with the venue.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Returning for its 33rd edition, the Fair will present 63 leading modern and contemporary galleries in an alternative online format, with a...
This CPD is an introduction to composite quartz and will inform interior designers on: applications of use; design process and...
This RIBA & BIID-approved CPD webinar will inform and inspire about the safety, function and creative possibilities of entrance matting...
Designers are invited to join this virtual BIID accredited CPD aimed at introducing the concept of ‘redesigning surfaces using film’....
Interior design is a competitive industry where you need to stand out to get ahead. Content marketing attracts new business by engaging...
This RIBA and BIID accredited CPD webinar explores the options available to designers and architects when including sound in their projects...