Learn how to help your clients overcome their fear of colour.
Have you felt limited in what you can create by your clients' resistance to using colour? Or are you finding your clients keep saying 'no' to your colour choices, no matter what colour combinations you show them (even if it’s exactly what they asked for)? Or perhaps you would love to be able to guide and support your clients to make colour choices that really work for them rather than playing it safe?
In this interactive workshop colour expert Karen Haller will share with you insights and tools based on colour psychology and her own research to help you with those challenging colour conversations we sometimes find ourselves having with our clients.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- The three ways we relate to colour
- Overcoming your client's colour blocks
- Top three colour tips for your interior tool box
- Debunking some myths along the way
- Interactive Q&A session
- Included: a workbook with a pre-workshop exercise to get the most of out the session
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
- Giving you a deeper insight into why your clients are nervous about colour, and help you tap into what they really want and need
- Three simple steps to understanding and helping your clients’ overcome their resistance to colour
- A new way of working with colour that not only enhances your innate colour intuition but enables you to have repeatable, consistent results every time
- Sharing the most common myths that prevent you from getting the best out of your colour schemes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop is for BIID designer members: Registered Interior Designer, Associate, Provisional Associate and Employees of Registered Design Practices. Please note this to avoid disappointment.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Karen Haller, a leading global expert in the field of behavioural colour and design psychology, specialising in business brand colour, interiors, healthcare, and wellbeing. Karen has studied colour for over 20 years and understands how business and designers can use colour and design to influence positive behaviour.
She consults, collaborates, and creates with companies looking for solutions outside the box, looking to investigate social problems and seek new ways to positively improve client behaviours and human experience in balance with nature.
Karen works globally with design professionals to advance their colour training through her mentoring programmes, and CPD courses and was commissioned by the International School of Colour and Design, Australia to write their Colour Diploma course.
She is the bestselling author of The Little Book of Colour (Publisher Penguin translated into 14 languages) and a contributing author for industry textbook Colour Design Theories and Applications.
Once you have registered for this event, you will be emailed the Zoom meeting link. If this event is fully booked, please join the waiting list. If you are no longer able to attend, please inform the office so that we can give your spot to someone else.
The advertised price does not include VAT.
If you have any queries, please email the office at email@example.com or call 020 7628 0255.
Terms and Conditions:
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a paid event, please send a refund request via Eventbrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received 10 working days prior to the day of the event.
- The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking.
- A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a free event, please do so via Eventbrite as soon as possible so that your ticket can be reallocated.
- The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
- The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
- This event will be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information on this form will be kept on a database.
- Your name may be shared with the venue.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Join Chris Emery from Schlüter-Systems for insight into the specification of underfloor heating systems. Learn how to successfully...
The impact of smartphone technology has changed the world over the last decade, with how we communicate, interact and react to the...
The BIID have partnered with The Edit by Decorex. A members-only platform offering inspiration, upskilling, networking and sourcing...
Join Schlüter-Systems to explore wet room installations at the design and specification stage, including waterproofing, design...
This RIBA & BIID-approved CPD webinar will inform and inspire about the safety, function and creative possibilities of entrance matting...
Strata Tiles invites interior designers to a free one-hour online presentation of their BIID accredited CPD 'Terrazzo Tiles' on Monday...