There is much more to Instagram than a grid of pretty images. You may be familiar with the Instagram feed, but what about Instagram Stories? How is it different, why should you use Stories and how can you use it for your interior design business? And just what is IGTV?
Get answers to these questions and more, in this interactive, practical workshop tailored for interior designers by creative business expert Charlene C Lam.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Pre-work including access to introductory videos to help you get the most out of workshop time
- Case studies and examples of how Insta Stories and IGTV are used by businesses
- Discussion of how IGTV (aka Instagram TV) could be used for your interior design business
- Time for Q&A
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
- Clarity on how interior designers can use Instagram Stories and IGTV for their businesses
- Understanding of how Insta Stories differ from the Instagram feed
- Top tips for how to use Insta Stories stickers, text and graphics creatively for business
- Relevant content ideas for your Instagram Stories and/or IGTV
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Interior designers with Instagram accounts who want to learn how to go beyond the Instagram feed to leverage Instagram Stories and IGTV for their businesses. This workshop is open to BIID designer members only.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Charlene C Lam is a NYC-LDN curator, creative business coach and social media expert.
With degrees in mass communications from UC Berkeley and surface/textile design from the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in NYC, Charlene started showcasing UK designers and makers with a Christmas pop-up in Vitra's London showroom in 2010.
Drawing on her experience in journalism, marketing, retail, and visual merchandising, Charlene helps creatives to show and sell their work. Frustrated by generic social media advice, she developed a specialty in social media and content strategy for creative businesses, sharing her insights through talks, workshops, and a new content series Show & Sell with Charlene.
Charlene has spoken about creative business, experiential retail, and social media at events like 100% Design during the London Design Festival, Clerkenwell Design Week and Brooklyn Designs.
Once you have registered for this event, you will be emailed the Zoom meeting link and the workshop templates. If this event is fully booked, please join the waiting list. If you are no longer able to attend, please inform the office so that we can give your spot to someone else.
The advertised price does not include VAT.
If you have any queries, please email the office at email@example.com or call 020 7628 0255.
Terms and Conditions:
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a paid event, please send a refund request via Eventbrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received 10 working days prior to the day of the event.
- The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking.
- A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a free event, please do so via Eventbrite as soon as possible so that your ticket can be reallocated.
- The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
- The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
- This event will be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information on this form will be kept on a database.
- Your name may be shared with the venue.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Explore the art and lives of artists Vanessa Bell, Duncan Grant and their contemporaries in this exclusive event BIID members, corporate...
Building on the success of Clerkenwell OPEN 2021, providing a fresh, industry led event that offers new opportunities for architects,...
BIID Registered Interior Designers are invited to attend the BIID Leadership & Management Masterclass, a three-day course set over...
Brands, designers, artisans, interior design experts, press, ambassadors & collaborators, we are all excited to meet again at the end...
George Smith will be hosting a live CPD @ Auriens Chelsea exclusively for members of The British Institute of Interior Design. This CPD...
BIID members are invited on a sketching day with Past Presidents Charles Leon and Lester Bennett Take some time out to sit and sketch...