WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USE. YOUR ATTENTION IS PARTICULARLY DRAWN TO THE PROVISIONS OF CLAUSE 12 (DISCLAIMER) AND CLAUSE 14 (OUR LIABILITY)
1. WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
The website at www.biid.org.uk is managed by the British Institute of Interior Design (referred to as “BIID” or “We”, “us” or “our”). We are incorporated as a private company limited by guarantee in England and Wales under company number 860708. Our VAT number is GB 3183948 and our main trading address is 9 Bonhill Street, London EC2A 4PE. Our registered office address is Summit House, 170 Finchley Road, London, NW3 6BP.
To contact us, please email info@BIID.org.uk or telephone our service line on +44 (0)20 7628 0255
2. BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
3. THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
- Our Event Terms , which apply to online or in-person live events.
If you engage an interior designer or supplier through our site, their terms and conditions will apply to the supply of their services to you.
4. WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
5. WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our services and our business needs and priorities, as well as compliance with any legal obligations.
6. WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR SITE
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons.
7. WE MAY TRANSFER THIS AGREEMENT TO SOMEONE ELSE
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
8. OUR SITE IS ACCESSIBLE WORLDWIDE AND WE WELCOME MEMBERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Our site is directed at interior designers, students of interior design, educators and trainers in the field of interior design, suppliers to the trade of interior design, professionals working in the built environment, clients (both commercial and residential) of interior design services and others with an interest in interior design, from anywhere in the world.
Please note that our site is created by us in England and governed by English law. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use in other locations.
9. YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
If you choose to become a member, you will register an account and will be provided with a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at info@BIID.org.uk and we will take appropriate steps to change it to maintain security.
10. HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the content on our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may access, view, and use our site in a web browser (including any web browsing capability built into other types of software or app) and you may download our site (or any part of it) for caching (this usually occurs automatically). You may print one copy and download extracts of any page(s) from our site for personal use only and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site on social media. You may not modify the printed or digital copies or downloaded extracts in any way. Images, video, audio, or any other content downloaded from our site must not be used separately from accompanying text. Our status as the owner and author of the content on our site (or that of identified licensors or contributors, as applicable) must always be acknowledged. You must ensure we are credited when you share our content and that our website address is included.
You may not use any content saved or downloaded from our site for commercial purposes without first obtaining a licence from us (or our licensors, as applicable). This does not prevent the normal access, viewing, and use of this site for general information purposes.
If you print off, copy, download, share or repost any part of our site in breach of these terms, your right to use our site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
11. NO TEXT OR DATA MINING, OR WEB SCRAPING
You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to our site or any services provided via, or in relation to, our site. This includes using (or permitting, authorising or attempting the use of):
- any “robot”, “bot”, “spider”, “scraper” or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of our site or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same; or
- any automated analytical technique aimed at analysing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
The provisions in this clause should be treated as an express reservation of our rights in this regard, including for the purposes of Article 4(3) of Digital Copyright Directive ((EU) 2019/790).
This clause shall not apply insofar as (but only to the extent that) we are unable to exclude or limit text or data mining or web scraping activity by contract under the laws which are applicable to us.
Nothing on our site constitutes professional advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only. We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the content, meaning any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases, and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, this website or any subdomains is complete, accurate, and up to date, but we make no warranties, representations, or guarantees (express or implied) that this will always be the case.
13. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Links to other websites may be included on our site. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under our control. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of third-party websites. The inclusion of a link to another website on our site is for information purposes only and does not imply any endorsement of that website or of its owners, operators, or any other parties involved with it. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
14. OUR LIABILITY
Nothing in these terms excludes or restricts our liability where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation and for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.
If you are a business user (i.e. you are using this site in the course of business or for commercial purposes:
- We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) this site or the use of or reliance upon any content included on our site.
- We do not accept any liability for loss of profit, sales, business, or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill, or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- All implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it are excluded.
If you are a consumer user (ie. you are using this site for personal interest or as a student):
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
15. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
16. ACCEPTABLE USAGE OF THE SITE
You may only use our site in a lawful manner. If you fail to comply with the provisions of this, you will be in breach of these terms.
We may take one or more of the following actions in response:
- Suspend or terminate your right to use our site;
- Issue you with a written warning;
- Take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach;
- Take further legal action against you, as appropriate;
- Disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as the BIID deem reasonably necessary; and/or
- Any other actions which we deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful).
We hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions that we may take (including, but not limited to those set out above) in response to your breach.
17. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
18. LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our site’s home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of the content on our site in any way other than as set out above, please contact info@BIID.org.uk.
19. WHICH COUNTRY'S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
The terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, except if you are a consumer and are resident in another territory and are protected or obliged by your national laws or regulations in some way.
20. OUR TRADE MARKS ARE REGISTERED
The images and words set out in the table below are our UK registered trade marks. You are not permitted to use them without our approval, and if you wish to make use of our trademarks, you should contact us – any licensing of our trademark will be strictly on the terms of a written agreement.
These Terms were last updated on Monday 13th June 2022