As an interior designer, you know the value of beautiful visuals. But how does that translate to relevant Instagram content, and more importantly, how does Instagram content translate to more clients for your business? And just where does Instagram Stories come in?
Feeling like a dinosaur? Be a dinosaur, no more! With this interactive, practical workshop tailored for interior designers by creative business expert Charlene C Lam, you’ll get clarity and confidence about how to use Instagram effectively for your biz.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Pre-work including access to introductory videos to help you get the most out of workshop time
- Instagram best practices and strategies tailored for interior designers
- Learn how to post with purpose on Instagram in a way that's aligned with your business and brand
- How to use Instagram content planners for an aesthetically cohesive and strategic grid
- How to use Instagram Stories for business
- Group feedback on your Instagram account
- Time to work on your own Instagram content plan
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
- Clarity on how interior designers can use Instagram effectively for their businesses
- Confidence for taking next steps for improving your Instagram
- Knowledge on how to use Instagram Stories for business
- Familiarity with Instagram content planners
- Relevant content ideas for your Instagram business account
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Interior designers who have created or want to create an Instagram account, but find it challenging to create content that’s interesting or relevant to their businesses.
Interior designers who know how to post to the Instagram grid but want to learn more about using Insta Stories.
Prerequisites for attending
- Watch introductory video and complete pre-work before the workshop (available 3 weeks before workshop)
- Highly recommend: Convert Instagram account to a business account (free)
- Install Instagram planning app of your choice on your device. If you aren't already using one, Charlene recommends installing Planoly
- Be signed in on your Instagram account and bring your device(s)
- When registering your ticket please include your Instagram handle
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Charlene C Lam is a NYC-LDN curator, creative business coach and social media expert.
With degrees in mass communications from UC Berkeley and surface/textile design from the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in NYC, Charlene started showcasing UK designers and makers with a Christmas pop-up in Vitra's London showroom in 2010.
Drawing on her experience in journalism, marketing, retail, and visual merchandising, Charlene helps creatives to show and sell their work. Frustrated by generic social media advice, she developed a specialty in social media for creative businesses, sharing her insights through talks, workshops and a new content series Show & Sell with Charlene.
Charlene has spoken about creative business, experiential retail and social media at events like Talks at 100% Design, Clerkenwell Design Week and Brooklyn Designs.
BIID member: £90.00
BIID travelling member: £72.00
Prices are not inclusive of VAT.
Tickets for BIID events are allocated at a BIID member rate and a non-member rate. If the ticket type for your status has sold out, please contact the BIID office on 0207 628 0255, as we may be able to reallocate a ticket for you from the remaining selection.
*BIID member traveller rate:
To make our workshops more accessible to those based outside London, we are offer a discount to individuals whose offices are located more than 60 miles from the venue (EC3N 4DJ). If this includes you, please book using the BIID Travelling Member rate. We will then contact you to verify your postcode. To see if your office is located more than 60 miles away please click here.
When booking please provide the name of the person(s) who will be attending the event - we will use this for their delegate badge and materials.
About the venue
The meeting room is on the 7th floor of the citizenM Tower of London hotel. To access the 7th floor pass through the lobby and head straight to the elevators. There is no need to check in. A societyM ambassador will greet you on arrival on the 7th floor at the desk (turn right from the elevator). If there isn’t an ambassador available, just make your way around the bar towards the view of the Tower of London where you will find meeting room 2. The bar facilities are for hotel guests only, please do not use this space. Tea and coffee facilities are complimentary and found within the meeting room.
If you have any queries, please email the office at email@example.com or call 020 7628 0255.
All BIID events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full below:
Terms and Conditions:
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a paid event, please send a refund request via Eventbrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received 10 working days prior to the day of the event.
- The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking.
- A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a free event, please do so via Eventbrite as soon as possible so that your ticket can be reallocated.
- The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
- The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
- This event will be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information on this form will be kept on a database.
- Your name may be shared with the venue.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Explore the art and lives of artists Vanessa Bell, Duncan Grant and their contemporaries in this exclusive event BIID members, corporate...
Building on the success of Clerkenwell OPEN 2021, providing a fresh, industry led event that offers new opportunities for architects,...
BIID Registered Interior Designers are invited to attend the BIID Leadership & Management Masterclass, a three-day course set over...
Brands, designers, artisans, interior design experts, press, ambassadors & collaborators, we are all excited to meet again at the end...
George Smith will be hosting a live CPD @ Auriens Chelsea exclusively for members of The British Institute of Interior Design. This CPD...
BIID members are invited on a sketching day with Past Presidents Charles Leon and Lester Bennett Take some time out to sit and sketch...