BIID members are invited to join renowned designer and BIID Member Tim Gosling in his stunning London home, to witness the art of drawing in action. Watch furniture and interiors brought to life with pencil on paper, as Tim infuses an interior ‘portrait’ with personality and emotion that is second only to being there.
WHAT TO EXPECT
At this immersive masterclass, discover how, even in a digital age, an ability to draw has become a treasured skill in interior design. Tim will also demonstrate how to use the iPad to help translate design ideas to clients.
6.00 pm - arrive for registration and refreshments
6.30 pm - seminar begins
7.15 pm - refreshment break
7.30 - seminar resumes
8.00 pm - seminar ends
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
Guests will leave with confidence to let the pencil tell the story and a new perspective on the delivery of design.
WHAT TO BRING
All drawing materials will be supplied.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This event is for BIID members only. Attendees need no prior artistic experience. Tim will share 'top tips' on which pencils to buy and where and how to navigate perspective. The masterclass is perfect for seasoned designers and students alike. Anyone with an interest in furniture and interiors will enjoy and benefit from the masterclass.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Tim Gosling graduated from the Central School of Art & Design in 1987 with a BA (Hons.) degree in Theatre Design. Tim joined David Linley shortly after, becoming a director in 1993. At Linley he was instrumental in developing the company’s design style and expanding their bespoke business over 18 years.
In 2005 Tim set up his own company, Gosling, giving him the freedom to design a wider range of furniture whilst continuing his working relationships with interior designers worldwide. Gosling creates unique pieces of furniture tailored to each individual client's exact specifications. The company’s objective is to create a bespoke service of design and furniture that has style and longevity.
Tim’s latest title will also be available for purchase on the evening; ‘Classic Contemporary: The DNA of Furniture Design’ published by Thames & Hudson for the special BIID member price of £20.00 (RRP £45.00).Cash only sales on the evening.
Prices are not inclusive of VAT and tickets are strictly limited to 20 places.
This event is for BIID members only, your ticket will be cancelled if you are not a BIID member, please note this to avoid disappointment.
When booking please provide the name of the person(s) who will be attending the event - we will use this for their delegate badge and materials.
If you have any queries please email the office at email@example.com or call 020 7628 0255.
All BIID events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full below:
Terms and Conditions:
1. If you wish to cancel your booking to a paid event, please send a refund request via Eventbrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received 10 working days prior to the day of the event.
2. The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking.
3. A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
4. If you wish to cancel your booking to a free event, please do so via Eventbrite as soon as possible so that your ticket can be reallocated.
5. The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
6. The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
7. This event will be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
8. In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information on this form will be kept on a database.
9. Your name may be shared with the venue.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.