Learn how to finesse your beautiful interiors with a stylist’s eye in this 90-minute online workshop with interiors expert Judith Wilson.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Judith will walk you through a magazine stylist’s guide to creating editor approved interiors for photoshoots.
The CPD will cover
- The importance of ambience and adding lifestyle elements to enhance each shot
- The key props/flowers stylists use to create a personal, vibrant interior for every room
- How (and why) styling can be tailored according to different styles of interiors
- How to plan and execute styling for whole-room shots as well as crucial detail shots
- Activity: we’ll look together at a series of images to dissect the styling – what works, what doesn’t?
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
- A newly developed ‘stylist’s eye’; the ability to assess how key elements, from prop placement to playing with scale, all fuse together to create one perfect image
- A practical understanding of the key "Do’s and Don’ts" in styling
- The confidence to create essential ambience in each shot – insider tips and tricks
- What to edit out of an interior, and what to bring in
- A fresh, creative way of sourcing and using props and flowers to create magazine-quality styling and beautiful, relaxed rooms
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Interior designers at all stages of their careers looking to gain insight into what makes a good photo, what editors are after in a shot, and how to prepare for a day of styling and shooting.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Judith Wilson is a London-based interiors journalist, author, and lecturer. Her work has appeared in numerous national magazines including House & Garden, Homes & Gardens, The English Home, Living etc and Country Homes & Interiors. She is the author of 14 books on interior design: her latest is Think Home (Ryland Peters & Small). Her books have been published widely in the Europe and the US.
Once you have registered for this event and your ticket purchase has been verified, you will be emailed the Zoom meeting link the day before the session. If this event is fully booked, please join the waiting list. If you are no longer able to attend, please inform the office so that we can give your spot to someone else.
The advertised price does not include VAT.
This workshop will not be recorded, please note this to avoid disappointment.
If you have any queries, please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7628 0255.
By purchasing a ticket to this event, you are agreeing to the BIID event terms and conditions
Clerkenwell Design Week, returns from 24-26 May for its 11th edition. Head over to 135+ showrooms and 9 exhibition venues with...
In this RIBA and BIID certified webinar, enhance your understanding of how to protect bonded installations of tile and stone installed on...
Prepare to be WOW!ed at the Design Centre’s first-ever showhouse Make a date for design inspiration at WOW!house, Design Centre,...
Join Patrick Folkes of Graphenstone Paints for this free virtual CPD about the future of sustainable paint. The paints industry is...
BIID members are invited for a private tour of Eames Fine Art Gallery, Print Room, Collectors’ Studio and Atelier on Bermondsey Street...
Join the BIID for a tour of the late Charles Jencks' home, The Cosmic House, a contemporary parallel to Sir John Soane’s House completed a...