The BIID Student Challenge goes digital!
As we were unable to hold our annual student competition in person last November, the BIID Student Design Challenge has been reimagined as an exciting two-day digital event open exclusively to final year Interior Design and Interior Architecture degree students from across the UK.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are inviting course directors to select a team of 6 students to compete on behalf of their university. Teams will be given the top-secret design brief in the welcome and will have 14 hours over two consecutive days to remotely develop a design proposal. Each team will be assigned a professional practicing interior designer to be their mentor who will be on hand at regular intervals to guide the students and kep them on track and on time.
Students will then record their final presentation which will be judged by an industry panel led by BIID President Lester Bennett. First, second and third place will be awarded at the evening online ceremony to the designs that have met the brief in the most creative and original way. The first place team will have their presentation featured on the BIID website.
Students will have 14 hours over the two-day challenge to work on their design remotely, with scheduled check ins with their mentors, we ask that all tools are down after 5pm on the first day to ensure a fair playing field. Final recorded presentations will be due by 5pm on the second day, Friday 26th February.
The judges will be emailed the final presentations for judging, and awards will be presented on Monday 1st March in the evening ceremony.
The full programme will be delivered to teams on registration.
WHAT STUDENTS WILL LEAVE WITH
In addition to a fun and unique experience for students, the competition also provides an opportunity for mentoring with a practising designer.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Final year Interior Design and Interior Architecture degree students (UK only)
We are anticipating that this event will be extremely popular, so book your place as soon as possible. The deadline to apply is 12.00pm on Friday 19th February 2021.
Once you have secured one of the exclusive team registrations, the BIID will then contact you for your details and the names of your 6 competitors and provide you with all the necessary details. If you have any questions about the competition, please do not hesitate to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone on 020 7628 0255.
Once you have registered for this event, you will be emailed the Zoom meeting link. If this event is fully booked, please join the waiting list. If you are no longer able to attend, please inform the office so that we can give your spot to someone else.
Please note, this competition is for UK universities only. We ask that course leaders/tutors do not accompany their students as they will have mentors to assist them. Course leaders/tutors will be invited to the online awards ceremony.
Terms and Conditions:
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a paid event, please send a refund request via Eventbrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received 10 working days prior to the day of the event.
- The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking.
- A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
- If you wish to cancel your booking to a free event, please do so via Eventbrite as soon as possible so that your ticket can be reallocated.
- The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
- The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
- This event will be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information on this form will be kept on a database.
- Your name may be shared with the venue.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Join us for a virtual Industry Partner Forum exploring how interior designers are working in the current climate; how the pandemic has...
Your blog is a key element of your content marketing strategy. Join marketing expert, Fiona Mostyn as she guides you through the benefits...
The Quickfire Series has been created to enable our members to find out more about key subjects in a timely easy to digest format...
This RIBA & BIID-approved CPD webinar will inform and inspire about the safety, function and creative possibilities of entrance matting...
Associate and Provisional Associate members, do you have questions relating to your professional practice and need help and guidance?...
Learn how to tame the tech and elevate your virtual presentations to better connect with clients and potential clients Whether it’s on...