Don't miss the deadline for entries - 19th May
The BIID is launching a new Student Drawing Competition, to celebrate student talent from across the UK. Open to all current BIID Student members, there are 2 categories to enter – ‘Digital’ and ‘Hand Drawn’. The winners of each of these categories will receive a cash prize of £500. The winners will be announced on our website and across our social media channels.
The competition will be judged by a group of experienced interior designers and our aim is to enable students from all parts of the country to showcase their creative and technical drawing skills. There is no entry fee to ensure the competition is as inclusive as possible.
- Thursday 31st March 2022 – Competition opens for entries
- Thursday 19th May 2022 – Competition closes for entries (at 5.00pm)
- Wednesday 8th June 2022 -Judging Day
- Thursday 9th June 2022 – Announcement of winners
- Hand drawn
Entry Criteria & How To Enter:
- Competition entrants can submit 1 entry in each category.
- Each entry should consist of 1 drawing which can depict a completed, incomplete or conceptual interior space.
- Entries must be in the form of a 2 page PDF (in landscape or portrait format) with a maximum file size of 2MB. Page 1 of the PDF should contain a short text description of the drawing and your design intention (maximum 150 words in 24 point font). Page 2 of the PDF should be your drawing.
- Your PDF should be named ‘Entry – Digital – Your Name’ or ‘Entry – Hand Drawn – Your Name’. As the competition will be judged anonymously please ensure that your name or any other identifying details are not displayed on the PDF itself, only in the file name.
- Your PDF entry should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the entry deadline of 5.00pm on Thursday 19th May 2022.
- Creativity and originality
- Ability to communicate a design idea or concept
- Technical ability
Terms & Conditions:
- The BIID Student Drawing Competition (‘the Competition’) is owned and operated by the British Institute of Interior Design (‘the BIID’) is a company registered in England & Wales, company registration number 00860708. Its registered office is Summit House, 170 Finchley Rd, London NW3 6BP. Its address for correspondence is 9 Bonhill Street, London EC2A 4PE.
- The Awards will be given for 2 categories: Hand Drawn and Digital.
- Only current BIID student members who are living in the UK are eligible to enter the Competition.
- Entries will open at 12.00pm GMT on 31st March 2022 and close at 5.00pm GMT on 19th May 2022.
- The BIID reserves the right in its discretion to extend the closing date.
- All entries must be submitted in the specified format: as a 2 page PDF with a maximum file size of 2MB emailed to email@example.com by the entry deadline.
- The competition is free to enter.
- The BIID reserves the right to disqualify an entry if, after an investigation, it appears that the entry contained inaccurate or misleading information or the Entrant has in the opinion of the BIID (acting reasonably) behaved in a manner contrary to the rules or the spirit of the Awards. If the BIID disqualifies any entry, it may also disqualify other entries made by or on behalf of the same Entrant.
- If you wish to withdraw an entry please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The BIID will appoint a panel of expert judges to judge the entries.
- All entries will be judged anonymously.
- The judge’s decisions are final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. Nor, unfortunately, will the BIID be able to give feedback to unsuccessful Entrants.
- The names and biographies of the judges will be published on the BIID website.
- The winners will be announced on the BIID website and social media channels on Thursday 9th June 2022.
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant grants permission for the BIID to use the entry on its website, on social media, in the BIID newsletter and in other communication channels used by the BIID. In addition, the Entrant agrees to the BIID sharing the text and images supplied with other selected organisations/individuals, such as media organisations, for the purposes of promoting the Competition.
- The BIID reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Awards and to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the Entrant and the BIID submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Chris creates strong, sustainable and timeless interiors and shows us around a London project.
Being a BIID Council member is a way to help shape the future of the BIID and give back to the industry.
We are delighted to announce this 5-day intensive course to help you run a successful and profitable practice.
Nominate a BIID member for this prestigious award to honour their work.
Have you decided on your interior design specialism? We explore the possibilities.
BIID has welcomed a range of new members and Industry Partners over the last three months.