Don't miss the deadline for entries – 18th May 2023
The BIID Student Drawing Competition is back for 2023! Open to all current BIID Student members, there are 3 categories to enter – ‘Digital’, ‘Hand Drawn’ and ‘Hybrid’. The winners of each of these categories will be announced on our website and across our social media channel and each receive a cash prize of £500.
The competition will be judged by a group of experienced interior designers and our aim is to enable students from all parts of the country to showcase their creative and technical drawing skills. There is no entry fee to ensure the competition is as inclusive as possible.
- Thursday 16th March 2023 – Competition opens for entries
- Thursday 18th May 2023 – Competition closes for entries (at 5.00pm)
- Wednesday 7th June 2023 -Judging Day
- Thursday 22nd June 2023 – Announcement of winners
- Digital: your submission should be entirely created using digital software
- Hand drawn: your submission should be entirely hand drawn and not include any digital or collaged elements
- Hybrid: your submission can be any combination of digital, hand drawn, and collaged elements
Entry Criteria & How To Enter
- Competition entrants can submit 1 entry in each category.
- Each entry should consist of 1 drawing which can depict a completed, incomplete, or conceptual interior space.
- Entries must be in the form of a 2-page PDF (in landscape or portrait format) with a maximum file size of 2MB.
- Page 1 of the PDF must contain the title of your drawing, a short text description detailing the design brief for the drawing and what materials/software you used in its creation (if applicable). (Maximum 150 words; recommended font size: 24-point font).
- Page 2 of the PDF should be your drawing
- Your PDF should be named ‘Entry – Digital – Your Name’ or ‘Entry – Hand Drawn – Your Name’ or ‘Entry – Hybrid – Your Name’.
- As the competition will be judged anonymously, please ensure that your name or any other identifying details are not displayed on the PDF itself, only in the file name.
- Your PDF entry should be emailed to email@example.com by the entry deadline of 5.00pm on Thursday 18th May 2023.
Entries will be judged on:
- Creativity and originality
- Ability to communicate a design idea or concept
- Technical ability
Terms & Conditions
- The BIID Student Drawing Competition (‘the Competition’) is owned and operated by the British Institute of Interior Design (‘the BIID’) is a company registered in England & Wales, company registration number 00860708. Its registered office is Summit House, 170 Finchley Rd, London, NW3 6BP. Its address for correspondence is 50 Liverpool Street, London, EC2M 7PY.
- The Awards will be given for 3 categories: Digital, Hand Drawn, and Hybrid
- Only current BIID student members who are living in the UK are eligible to enter the Competition.
- Entries will open at 12.00pm GMT on Thursday 16th March 2023 and close at 5.00pm GMT on Thursday 18th May 2023.
- All entries must be submitted in the specified format: as a 2-page PDF with a maximum file size of 2MB emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the entry deadline.
- The competition is free to enter.
- The BIID reserves the right to disqualify an entry if, after an investigation, it appears that the entry contained inaccurate or misleading information, or the Entrant has in the opinion of the BIID (acting reasonably) behaved in a manner contrary to the rules or the spirit of the Awards. If the BIID disqualifies any entry, it may also disqualify other entries made by or on behalf of the same Entrant.
- If you wish to withdraw an entry, please email email@example.com
- The BIID will appoint a panel of expert judges to judge the entries.
- All entries will be judged anonymously.
- The judge’s decisions are final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. Nor, unfortunately, will the BIID be able to give feedback to unsuccessful Entrants.
- The names and biographies of the judges will be published on the BIID website.
- The winners will be announced on the BIID website and social media channels on Thursday 22nd June 2023
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant grants permission for the BIID to use the entry on its website, on social media, in the BIID newsletter and in other communication channels used by the BIID. In addition, the Entrant agrees to the BIID sharing the text and images supplied with other selected organisations/individuals, such as media organisations, for the purposes of promoting the Competition.
- The BIID reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Awards and to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the Entrant and the BIID submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
With ongoing work to change the regulations around furniture fire safety, keep up to date with the BIID
De Montfort University wins the BIID Student Design Challenge 2023.
An industry group has gained approval to develop new ‘degree equivalent’ Interior Design Apprenticeship
Interior designers must comply with money laundering regulations. Discover what steps you should take
When it comes to providing care, there is simply no such thing as one size fits all.
Revealed at a ceremony at the spectacular Drapers Hall, we're pleased to announce the winners of this years Awards